We encourage everyone to take advantage of opportunities to help develop and strengthen the CLA℠ Fellowship. To inquire about particular service opportunities, Contact Us. All CLA members are needed and welcome.
Standing Committees of WSO include, but are not limited to:
- The Bylaws Committee formulates and reviews the regulations by which the World Service Organization operates. The bylaws are a legal document.
- Meetings vary
- CLArity is an eight-page quarterly newsletter produced by CLA members, written by both committee members and others in the Fellowship. It is supported by subscriptions and 7th Tradition contributions. The purpose of CLArity is to educate and inform readers about CLA and act as a forum where members may share experience, strength, and hope.
- Meetings vary
- The Convention Committee plans and implements the CLA convention usually held in the fall.
- Currently Inactive
- The Cyber Committee is responsible for working with CLA WSO, its committees, and the Fellowship at large to establish, develop, maintain, and oversee CLA’s presence on the Internet. It provides current information about CLA to the public, to our members, and to those who might need CLA. The committee reviews content to assure that it follows the guidelines of the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions. The website is maintained by a webmaster under the direction of the Cyber Committee. Because of the technical nature of the Cyber Committee, some technical knowledge about the Internet/websites or working skill with web management software is a plus.
- (Closed Meeting) Meets: 1st Wednesday after the WSO Business meeting (usually the 4th Saturday) at 5:30 p.m. (PT) / 8:30 p.m. (ET)
- The Executive Committee consists of WSO officers, committee chairpersons, and intergroup chairpersons. The purpose of the Executive Committee is to address specific concerns critical to the functioning of CLA.
- Meets quarterly
- The Finance Committee is responsible for establishing a budget for CLA’s World Service Organization. The committee also develops, implements, and oversees policies and procedures in all matters concerning the finances of CLA WSO. It allocates funds to the various committees based on their requests and the available funds of WSO. It works with WSO to help increase financial support from individuals, groups, and intergroups, within the guidelines of the 12 Traditions of CLA. The Committee prepares an annual financial report.
- Meets: 3rd Sunday at 11:00 a.m. (PT) / 2:00 p.m. (ET)
- The Literature Committee is responsible for creating, reviewing, and editing literature that is submitted for Fellowship approval. Its function is to facilitate the expression of our Fellowship’s experience, strength, and hope through the writing of material for distribution. The Literature Committee oversees the approval and publication processes and works with the WSO and its committees to prepare Fellowship-approved literature for final publication.